- 1979 - University of North Dakota, B.S.E.E.
- 1983 - Air Force Institute of Technology, M.S.E.E.
- 1991 - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D., Computer Engineering - major in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Digital Forensic Certified Practitioner (DFCP/Founder)
- GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - Senior Member
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- International High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
Professor Gunsch is a retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel, with over 20 years of professional experience troubleshooting electrical, computer, and software anomalies. At the USAF's graduate school, the Air Force Institute of Technology, he developed and taught graduate-level courses for fourteen years in computer engineering, artificial intelligence, and information system security/assurance. During this time he directed research and published papers in several areas, including the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to steganalysis, digital forensics, virus and intrusion detection, intelligent tutoring, diagnosis, and computer-generated forces; visualization and management of uncertainty in decision support systems; and telemetry and network performance improvement. Professor Gunsch currently teaches all of the Defiance College courses in forensics, operating systems and computer security. He also provides digital forensics technology training to local law enforcement personnel in partnership with the Family Justice Center of NorthWest Ohio.
Digital Forensics Science
Click on cover to read article
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.