When a student is seen in the Health Center, there is no cost for the nurse visit. There may be charges for medications, immunizations and treatment supplies. These charges are due at time of service. The student can request receipts for medications or immunizations. The student is then responsible for submitting the request to their private medical insurance. Check with your insurance carrier regarding submission of these claims. The Health Center does not bill private insurance companies.
The Health Center Services:
- Acute illness evaluation and treatment
- Screening evaluations and disease prevention such as blood pressure checks, weight and vision
- First aid for minor injuries
- Referrals and coordination of care to off-campus health care consultants
- Over-the-counter medications, use and instructions
- Health education on preventative health care and life-style issues
- Follow-up of emergency hospital visits
- Loan of crutches, wheelchair and other medical equipment
- TB skin tests (Mantoux)
- Allergy Shots when ordered by allergist
-- exemption form (PDF)
- Hepatitis B series
- Flu Shots
*Fees are charged for immunizations.
Dr .Gary E. Okuley from the Defiance Clinic comes to campus every Friday morning by appointment to see students.
- General Health Assessment
- First Aid
- OTC (Over the Counter) Medicines
- Strep throat test
- Insurance Form assistance
- Referral to Specialists in area
- Urine dip checks
- Suture Removal
- Wound Care
- Health prevention and education resources
- Weight Control
- Birth Control
- Melanoma Awareness
- Anorexia & Bulimia
- and more
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.