- Appliances: TV, microwave (700 watt), refrigerator (no more than 4.5 cubic ft.)
- Telephone: one land-line phone required per room (voicemail instructions).
- Bedding: sheets, blankets, mattress cover, pillow.
- McReynolds - The process is underway to change mattresses in McReynolds Hall into extra-long size. Students should check their housing letter to see if they are in a hallway with exra-long mattresses or a hallway with standard twin mattresses.
(See the section on Linens below)
- Whitney, Jacket Suites and Grand Avenue - Mattresses are extra-long size. (See the section on Linens below)
- Laundry supplies: clothes bag, detergent, dryer sheets, lots of quarters, hangers, drying stand, iron and ironing board, wastebasket.
- Electronics: Stereo, alarm clock, surge protectors, fused surge protector strips, video games, computer, window fan, hair dryer, flashlight
- Bathroom supplies: shower caddy, shower shoes, towels, wash cloths.
- Decoration: curtains to cover open closet space, posters, storage containers, throw rug, plates, silverware, desk lamp, wastebasket, and flashlight.
- Homemade bed lofts. You can rent them in McReynolds from www.loftconcepts.com
- Family pets except for fish in a bowl without a filter
- Any appliance with an exposed heating element (e.g. toaster, electric skillet, convection oven, space or kerosene heater, halogen lamps).
- Fire hazards: plastic shower curtains, inflatable furniture, holiday lights of any kind, extension cords, electric blankets, candles (even if unburned), incense.
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. firearms, paintball guns, paintballs, sling-shots, pellet guns, knives, bows, or dart boards).
- Miscellaneous: water beds, inflatable furniture, bean bag chairs, sub-woofers, electric guitars.
- Air conditioner: without permission from the Office of Residence Life for a medical necessity.
- Gel window clings
Laundry facilities are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on each of the residence hall floors. This equipment is provided for the use of each building's residents. If a machine is malfunctioning, please notify Residence Life as soon as possible.
There are a few standard twin mattresses provided in the MCReynolds Hall. All other mattresses are extra-long and measure 36”x80". The Office of Residence Life has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide our students with a convenient, affordable way to purchase sheets and bedding items that will fit any of the beds on campus, as well as other campus-living necessities. These items may be purchased through http://www.rhl.org/dco.
- Learn More
Access to the Internet is available in each room and is provided by Defiance College. For specific questions regarding the necessary hardware/software to gain access, please contact Defiance College Computer Services at (419) 783-2312. More information will be given to you during Orientation on the specifics, and also can be found at http://www.defiance.edu/pages/CS_home.html.
Each room has on-campus and local calling service along with a voicemail account. Students will be provided with their telephone information at the time of check-in and are expected to provide their own telephone. A telephone with accurate voicemail is required in each room. The assigned campus phone number is the college’s main method of communication with students.
The Office of Residence Life has a rental program for all McReynolds residents. Defiance College has partnered with Collegiate Concepts, Inc. to provide residents with the opportunity to rent a bed loft system.
- Learn More
The Office of Residence Life has a rental program for all residents. Defiance College has partnered with Collegiate Concepts, Inc. to provide residents with the opportunity to rent a Microfridge.
- Learn More
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.