Applications Due January 30, 2013Orientation leaders are an essential part in the transition of new students to Defiance College. Strong leaders are needed to lead summer orientation and welcome week activities. Become networked into the community, gain valuable partnerships, and get paid for your great work.
Read the information below to learn more about the application process for becoming an Orientation Leader!
Orientation Leader Informational
Learn more about what is involved in being an orientation leader and join our past and current staff on Janaury 22nd @ 1 p.m. or January 23rd @ 5:00 p.m. in the Cultural Arts Room (attend only one). This program is highly recommended and will be helpful in the interview process if you attend.
- Minimum 2.2 cumulative GPA as a Defiance College student.
- Remain in good academic and judicial standing during their tenure in position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings, events, and required training sessions.
- Respect confidentiality of student records and other records you come in contact with throughout Orientation.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Serve as a positive role model on and off campus.
- Refer all questions that are unknown to the appropriate source.
- Abide by all Defiance College policies as outlined in the DC handbook.
- Proper dress will be worn during all Orientation Sessions.;
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities.
- Prepare and actively participate in Welcome Week activities and Opening Night activities.;
Training and Summer Schedule:
The training schedule will be based around the orientation leader’s schedules but will include a welcome dinner, three-four group meetings, and orientation run through.
The commitment for this position includes the following dates:
Monday, March 25th
Friday, May 31st
Friday, June 7th
Saturday, June 15th
Friday, July 12th
Saturday, July 27th
Monday, August 12th
Tuesday, August 13th
Friday, August 23rd
Additional days include two winter orientations and a variety of Opening Night and Welcome Week activities.
General Orientation Leaders are paid $500. A t-shirt, room and board during orientation days, and all meals during orientation training and sessions will be additional perks to the job.
Application and a copy of your resume is to be typed and submitted via email or dropped off to the Director of Student Activities Office, McCann 105, Brian Starkel, (419)-783-2388, firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 30th.
The interview process will take place during on February 4th-6th and final selection will be made February 7th. Interviews will be based on your application and resume. A completed application does not guarantee an interview.
For more information contact:
Director of Student Activities
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.