Full Admission candidates for the Master of Arts in Education must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the entire admission application form. Apply Online
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Hold or have held a valid teaching certificate or have requirement waived by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- Submit official transcripts of all college level work.
- Provide two letters of recommendation as follows (Preferably one letter from the immediate supervisor):
- Must attest to the applicant's academic competence
- Must attest to the applicant's ability to work with people and demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and social skills
- Submit a Goal Statement outlining the purpose for pursuing the Master of Arts in Education Degree and/or the intent to pursue Graduate Adolescent and Young Adult Licensure program. These statements should be at least two typed, double spaced pages, and represent the applicant's best writing skills.
- Submit scores within the last five years on either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test or have an undergraduate GPA above a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale during the junior and senior years. Students who score less than the 50th percentile on the GRE may be admitted under the criteria for probationary admission.
- Submit a $25 application fee. (This fee is waived for Defiance College alumni.)
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.