Career Resources and Information
Office of Career Development
Use these career-related resources to research career options, explore various industries, and prepare for your job search.
Career Planning and Salary Research Tools
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. Revised every two years, the Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
The Occupational Information Network, is a comprehensive database of worker attributes and job characteristics. As the replacement for the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT), O*NET allows job seekers to search for occupational information based on skills.
- Salary Information: Research salary survey results and know your value in the marketplace.
- ERI’s Career Salary and Cost of Living Calculators
- Career Overview
- Women for Hire
- JobWeb Job Outlook
- The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers
- Additional Resources
- Career Corner at the Independent School Management site
- Education America
- Graduate and Professional School Resources
- Salary data source
- Degree program
- Forensic science
- Computer science
- Career Service Central Advice Doc
- Worldwide Jobs
Job Trends and Labor Market Information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Fastest Growing Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Career Guide to Industries
- U.S. News Career Guide
Students with Disabilities
Find job search tips and research information on employment rights, laws, regulations, and job accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Association of Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD)
- Disability Resources Monthly
- Ohio Rehabilitation Sources Commission
Diverse Student Populations
Research career-related information on sites dedicated to serving the career needs of diverse populations.
- African Americans
- Asian Americans
The Office of Career Development has provided links to various sites because they contain information that may be of interest to its students and alumni.
The Office of Career Development and/or Defiance College:
- do not necessarily endorse the views expressed or the facts presented on these sites
do not endorse any commercial products that may be advertised or available on these sites
- do not assume any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on this server or the links to servers on this page