Andrew Schultz is currently in his seventh year as Director of Music Programs for Defiance College. While overseeing the academic and performance goals of the department, Andrew directs the DC Chamber Singers and DC Choral Union.
The academic year includes frequent performances by both ensembles including church sings, festival appearances, holiday concerts, and tours. Recent tours for the Chamber Singers include a 10 day trip out west with stops in St. Louis, Kansas City, Colorado Springs, Denver, and Des Moines. Fall of 2015, the choir spent five days traveling to Nashville with performances in Indianapolis, Evansville, and Urbana. The trip also included a recording session at the RCA Studio B, made famous by Elvis Presley, and an impromptu performance on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry.
In addition, Andrew leads the music for DC Players productions and teaches courses in music theory, voice, and conducting.
Andrew serves the Defiance community working for the Defiance Community Cultural Council as Artistic and Performance Series Director. Andrew coordinates the three DCCC performance series including Sunday at the Stroede, Bands, Bands, Bands!, Young Audience Series, and Music in Your Parks. Andrew also maintains a private voice studio and is in his ninth year as director of music at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Defiance.
• Bowling Green State University, M.M. Choral Conducting, 2009
• Bowling Green State University, M.B.A. Management, 2009
• Ohio Northern University, B.M. Music Business, 2006
• Ohio Northern University, B.S. Business Administration, 2006
• OMEA – Ohio Music Educators Association
• ACDA – American Choral Directors Association
• OAPN – Ohio Arts Presenters Network
Office: Schauffler 210