The McMaster School for Advancing Humanity was founded to serve as a focal point for teaching, service, scholarship, and action to improve the human condition worldwide.
THE MISSION OF THE MCMASTER SCHOOL
- to educate students for responsible citizenship;
- to produce committed global citizens and leaders who understand the importance of individual liberties in improving the human condition worldwide; and
- to encourage graduates to take an active role in addressing these issues in whatever professions they may choose.
THE GOALS OF THE MCMASTER SCHOOL
- to critically examine the root causes of human suffering through community-based research that addresses systemic factors that impede human progress;
- to give students the knowledge and capacities to be active world citizens and to view themselves as members of the world community;
- to contribute actively through sponsored scholarship and service to the improvement of the human condition worldwide;
- to exchange, create, and disseminate knowledge about successful models of active citizenship and public service; and
- to create at Defiance College one of the nation's premier undergraduate educational programs with a focus on scholarship and service, with a special emphasis on developing an innovative approach to teaching.
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Office Coordinator, McMaster School & Institute for Career Readiness
McMaster School for Advancing Humanity
Location: Pilgrim Library 101