Service Leadership Award Application
Through the McMaster School for Advancing Humanity, Service Leaders participate in unique and exciting programs that develop their leadership skills and strengthen their individual career interests. Leadership workshops address topics of diversity, conflict resolution, community leadership, and asset-based community development. Service Leaders may also have opportunities for potential service-learning travel experiences. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
By submitting the information requested below, you are applying for a Defiance College Service Leadership Award, a $1,500 renewable scholarship to continue your commitment to service throughout your years at Defiance College.
- New, full-time student with demonstrated record of service in their community.
- Student must be accepted for admission to Defiance College to be eligible for a Service Leadership Award.
- Short essays answering each of these questions separately in 100-300 words:
1. Why would you like to participate in the Service Leadership Program?
2. Describe your personal involvement in service activities.
3. What have you gained from those experiences?
4. How do you define leadership?
5. What would you like to gain from the Service Leadership program at DC?
Service Leadership applications are due March 1. Submissions after this date will be placed on a waiting list.
For more information, go to the Service Leaders page.