Service Leadership Award Application
By submitting the information requested below, you are applying for a Defiance College Service Leadership Award, a $2,000 renewable scholarship to continue your commitment to service throughout your years at Defiance College.
The Defiance College Service Leadership Program awards scholarships in the amount of $2,000 for new full-time students who demonstrate a record of service in their communities. Through the McMaster School for Advancing Humanity, Service Leaders participate in unique and exciting programs that develop their leadership skills and strengthen their individual career interests. Leadership workshops address topics of diversity, conflict resolution, community leadership, and asset-based community development. Service Leaders may also have opportunities for potential service-learning travel experiences. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years. Application requirements include:
- Short essays answering each of these questions separately in 100-300 words:
- Why would you like to participate in the Service Leadership Program?
- Describe your personal involvement in service activities.
- What have you gained from those experiences?
- How do you define leadership?
- What would you like to gain from the Service Leadership Program at DC?
**Students must be accepted for admission to Defiance College to be eligible for a Service Leadership Award.
Service Leadership applications are due March 1. Any applications after this date will be placed on a waiting list.
For more information, go to the Service Leaders page.