Program Information | 1+2+1 Admission Requirements
1+2+1 Student Handbook (PDF) | RN-to-BSN Completion Program
NURSING PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- A completed Defiance College application for admission
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee (waived if the student applies online or visits campus)
- Submit official examination scores: ACT composite score of 21 or the SAT combined score of old test 980 and new test 1060 are required of all applicants to the freshman class
- An official high school transcript sent directly from the high school with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) or General Educational Development (GED) average minimum of 500
- An official transcript from each college and university sent directly from the institution to the Defiance College Admissions Office
NOTE: Acceptance to Defiance College and meeting the minimum application requirements
does not guarantee a student entrance into the nursing program at Northwest State
Community College or Rhodes State College (see below).
ENTRANCE INTO THE ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING PROGRAM AT NORTHWEST STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR RHODES STATE COLLEGE
A limited number of seats are reserved for DC students, entrance into the RN program is competitive and filled according to GPA.
You must do the following to be considered for acceptance at Northwest State/Rhodes State:
- Complete the application for Northwest State Community College or Rhodes State College in the spring of freshman year
- Successfully complete first-year coursework at Defiance College with at least a 2.5 GPA and a C or above in all required pre-nursing courses
- Be Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
- Complete the State Test Nurse Aide (STNA) Certification class
- Have received both (1) a B or better in high school chemistry or take a college chemistry course, and (2) a B or better in a high school biology course or take a college biology course before enrolling at Northwest State/Rhodes State
- Also Required for Northwest State:
- Receive at least the 50th percentile relative performance on each of the three sections of the National League of Nursing PAX pre-admission exam. This exam can be retaken one time only and you must wait six months after the first attempt before retesting.
- Also take and pass the STNA exam for the state of Ohio
- Required for Rhodes State:
- Take and pass NRS 100 with a C or above
**Students are notified no later than June 1 of the freshman year about acceptance into the Nursing program at Northwest State or Rhodes State.
Students are notified no later than June 1 of the freshman year about acceptance into the Nursing program at Northwest State or Rhodes State.
To be admitted into the BSN completion program upon their return to Defiance College, students must successfully complete the NCLEX-RN exam prior to taking the first clinical course at DC and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better.