The protection and safeguarding of digital information is critically important to nearly every professional and academic discipline. By choosing Defiance College’s Cybersecurity you will get a solid foundation in security principles along with a strong command of information assurance principles and practical security skills. These skills are invaluable assets for a career in a competitive field.
Cybersecurity careers are among one of the faster growing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), estimates cybersecurity positions will increase by 33% through 2030.
Upon completion of our Cybersecurity major, you will be able to:
- identify current problems and threats in cybersecurity
- detect and analyze cybersecurity attacks and practice defense strategies against them
- write secure software
- analyze networks and network security
- plan, implement, and assess security protection mechanisms in computer systems and
ADVANTAGES of a DC Cybersecurity major:
- The core curriculum of our cybersecurity major is closely aligned with industry certifications.
- Built in expansion of your degree with 12 credit hours in a concentration of either Forensics or Security Architecture and Engineering.
- Our site-built cyber range is used in most courses - allowing students to have hands-on experiences using a variety of real-world systems.
- Your senior capstone project is focused on the real-world as you assess security vulnerabilities of organizations or businesses that use the internet against NIST cybersecurity frameworks.
- Fun opportunities to participate in local and national capture the flag events that improve a student’s ethical hacking skills.