Defiance College is dedicated to diversity and engagement and welcomes interest and
applications from international students.
Apply for Undergraduate | Apply for Graduate
Send me more information | Questions
International Student Application Process
Please submit the following:
- A completed Defiance College International Student Application for Admission
- An official transcript of all secondary and post-secondary grades and course work.
- If these transcripts are not in English, a translation must be provided.
- An official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Official examination scores from the ACT Assessment (ACT) or the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT)
- Evidence of adequate means of financial support by submission of an original or certified
copy of the Document of Financial Resources.
- A signed Understanding Agreement.
Please note: For consideration, International Student Applicants must have achieved
all of the following:
- a minimum 2.25 grade point average (GPA) for secondary / high school course work,
- a minimum score of 18 on the ACT or 860 on the SAT,
- and a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test.
Costs for 2013-2014
Full-time tuition for the academic year 2013-2014 is $28,050. Room and board is $9,260.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Since Defiance College cannot provide need-based financial assistance for international
students to attend Defiance College, the student must submit documentation that sufficient
financial resources are available from family or outside sources for the period of
study at Defiance College. This documentation may take the form of a certified or
notarized letter from the sponsor's bank or a scholarship letter from the student's
government and should accompany the Statement of Financial Resources.
More information on financial aid
- Associate of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Arts in Education (MAE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Arts and Humanities
- Natural Science, Applied Science, and Mathematics
- Business, Education, and Social Work
Click here for a list of DC's majors
Defiance College admits students regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age,
national and ethnic origin, disability, or sexual orientation.