Nursing RN to BSN
Students must have an unencumbered RN license from the state they are practicing in and an associate degree or diploma in nursing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher to be admitted into the program. Students must complete the required Defiance College general education courses as well as the required nursing courses. All nursing courses will be offered online as 8-week courses in Fall, Spring, and Summer to accommodate various work schedules. Liberal arts courses to complete the RN to BSN will also be offered online.
Students are required to take 30 DC residency hours, which includes the nursing major courses. Students will graduate from Defiance with at least 120 credit hours, including credits transferred from the associate degree or any other transferable credits.
Defiance College offers one of the most affordable part-time tuition rates in the region. Students and veterans should check with their employer to see if tuition reimbursement is available or contact the Defiance College Financial Aid Office.
- Submit completed Defiance College application for admission either by mail or online.
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee (waived if student applies online or visits campus).
- An official transcript from each college or university attended; we will review your transcripts and prepare a plan of study for the courses you need to take.
- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited institution.
- Valid and unencumbered state-of-practice registered nursing license. For new graduates, licensure is required before the first clinical course.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on previous college coursework.
Each candidate for admission is reviewed individually with careful consideration given to academic records.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
The Admissions Office is your connection to the RN to BSN Completion Program.
E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 419-783-2314 or 1-800-520-4632 (GO DC). Visit the Admissions page for more information or apply online.