WELCOME TO THE DC FAMILY!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Defiance College! As an accepted student, we want you to begin immersing yourself into life at DC the day you receive your acceptance packet. This page is designed to help you and your family understand your next steps leading up to your DC journey. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 419-783-2359.
Secure your place in your graduating class with a $150 enrollment deposit, which can be paid online at defiance.edu/deposit or by mailing a check to the following address:
ATTN: Office of Admissions
701 North Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
myDC Information & College Email
After you submit your enrollment deposit, you will receive your initial myDC username and password in the mail. Use these instructions if you need help getting started (PDF). Please contact Computer Services with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your First Step: New Student Orientation!
New student orientation is designed to help you complete the final details before starting classes in the fall. Please note: summer 2020 orientation will be held virtually to ensure the safety of our incoming students and families.
- Register online for new student orientation
- Make the DC commitment by submitting your $150 enrollment deposit (full-time students only)
Request an individual visit with the Office of Admissions at 419-783-2359 or email@example.com.
College Credit Plus and Advanced Placement Credits:
- College Transcripts: If you completed College Credit Plus (CCP) classes and received college credit, you must send us your official college transcripts in order to receive credit prior to registering for your first classes at New Student Orientation.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: If you took AP courses with the exam, you must submit official AP scores to receive credit.
Required to be Completed Before Orientation:
- Housing Application Survey (residential students only).
- Student Engagement Survey (for first-year students only).
- Send one form of photo identification to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your full name and Student ID number.
- Online Placement Testing, which can be accessed through Moodle after you receive your myDC login information. Detailed information can be found below.
Deposited students will receive a link via email for the Emergency Contacts/Health History Form.
The writing assessment begins with reading a very brief overview of an excerpt (less than 500 words) from a nonfiction book, which is of the reading level encountered in beginning college courses. After reading the brief passage, you will write an essay responding to a question/writing prompt. The written response should have a clear focus and include strong reasoning as well as relevant support from the excerpt provided. You will have 45 minutes to complete the reading and writing for this assessment.
The math assessment, which will evaluate your numerical skills, is timed and will take 30 minutes. The math assessment is comprised mostly of multiple-choice as well as a few free-response questions. For multiple-choice, you can work out your questions on a spare sheet of paper, as you will not be allowed to use a calculator.
If you need special accommodations for placement testing, please notify the Office of Admissions at least one week prior to your scheduled orientation date.
Use the online resources below to help review skills for orientation assessments:
MATH RESOURCES WRITING RESOURCES
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) - paraphrasing exercises
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) - understanding writing assignments
- Defiance College Writing Process Guide