New Student Emails
June 14, 2021
As you know, we have set a campus goal of reaching the 80% vaccination rate by August so we can relax our COVID-19 protocols. President Mankey also announced in her update last Friday that we plan to be 100% face-to-face for classes in the Fall. With classrooms back to their normal capacity, it is even more critical that we get to an 80% vaccination rate. In addition to the health and safety benefits of vaccination, we are excited to announce some additional incentives!
All undergraduate students who submit their vaccination card (with at least 1 dose completed) by August 1st will be eligible to win one of our new incentives.
We will be awarding the following items:
- 2 $5000 grants to be applied to your student account
- 2 Laptops
- 5 Airpods
Thank you to all who have already submitted their vaccination cards. If you have not yet submitted your vaccination card, please email a copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 1, 2021
I hope your summer is off to a good start and that you are beginning to experience some things going back to "normal"! My email today is a follow-up to President Mankey's update on Friday which announced some changes to our COVID-19 Protocols.
Here is a list of COVID-19 Policies and Protocols for Summer and Fall as of today, June 1, 2021. As always, these are subject to change as we receive new information from local, state and federal organizations.
- The campus vaccination goal is 80%. We will eliminate all protocols including masking indoors, weekly testing and guest restrictions in the residence halls when we hit the 80% vaccination rate for campus. As of today, we have less than 20% of students who have indicated that they are fully vaccinated so we have quite a ways to go before we can pull back on all protocols.
- We are anticipating the NCAA will also use 80-85% vaccination rates as the threshold to eliminate COVID-19 testing and other protocols.
- Please remember to submit a copy of your vaccination card to email@example.com once you have received your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or your one dose of Johnson & Johnson.
- Masks are no longer required outdoors on campus.
- Masks are still required indoors for everyone until we get to the 80% vaccination rate.
- Guests are not permitted in the residence halls until we get to the 80% vaccination rate.
- Fully vaccinated individuals no longer have to quarantine if they are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated students should still report COVID-19 symptoms through the Campus Clear App.
- Fully vaccinated individuals no longer have to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing. If we are not at the 80% vaccination rate, students who are not vaccinated should anticipate testing before arrival in August as well as weekly testing during the Fall semester. Additionally, a testing fee may be applied to student accounts.
- Faculty and Staff have reached a 50% vaccination rate so offices that are 100% vaccinated may choose to be unmasked in their suites when no campus or outside visitors are present.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to work to keep everyone safe!