Defiance College is dedicated to diversity and engagement and welcomes interest and applications from international students.
International Student Application Process
Please submit the following:
- A completed Defiance College International Student Application for Admission.
- An official transcript of all secondary and post-secondary grades and course work.
- If these transcripts are not in English, a translation must be provided.
- An official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Official examination scores from the ACT Assessment (ACT) or the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT)
- Official Evidence of adequate means of financial support by submission of an original or certified copy of the Document of Financial Resources.
- A signed Understanding Agreement.
- Please note: For consideration, International Student Applicants must have achieved
all of the following:
- a minimum 2.25 grade point average (GPA) for secondary / high school course work,
- a minimum score of 18 on the ACT or 940 on the SAT,
- and a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Since Defiance College cannot provide need-based financial assistance for international students to attend Defiance College, the student must submit documentation that sufficient financial resources are available from family or outside sources for the period of study at Defiance College. This documentation may take the form of a certified or notarized letter from the sponsor's bank or a scholarship letter from the student's government and should accompany the Statement of Financial Resources.
• Associate of Arts
• Bachelor of Arts
• Bachelor of Science
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Master of Arts in Education (MAE)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Offered in three divisions/departments:
• Arts and Humanities
• Natural Science, Applied Science, and Mathematics
• Business, Education, and Social Work