Social Work Home
- 1986 - Defiance College – Bachelor of Science - Social Work & Psychology
- 1990 - Ohio State University - Master or Social Work Concentration: Clinical Practice of Child & Family Services
- Licensed Independent Social Worker
- State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors (BPD)
- Northwest Ohio Housing Coalition
- Behavioral Health Professionals of Northwest Ohio
Professor Yakos-Brown had 15 years of social work practice experience prior to instructing at Defiance College. She began her career as a social service worker at the Van Wert County Juvenile Court Youth Bureau, responsibilities including Probation, Youth-At-Risk, Home-Based Services, Adoption, Foster Care, Drug & Alcohol Education, Youth Employment Services, and Project You & Me (Big Brothers/Big Sisters). Upon obtaining her MSW she became employed with the STARR Commonwealth Schools for Boys, serving as a Senior Clinician within juvenile rehabilitation. In 1990 she became employed with the Community Health Professionals, a home health agency servicing 15 counties in Northwest Ohio. As the Social Service Supervisor she worked within Home Health, Hospice, PASSPORT, Vocational Training and Placement, and AIDS Education Services. As an Adjunct Faculty of Sociology she taught at the Lake Campus of Wright State University. Yakos-Brown joined Defiance College in 2002 as Assistant Professor of Social Work and Field Coordinator. She teaches the following courses in Social Work: Practice III, Cultural Diversity, Social Problems, Junior Field Experience, Senior Field Instruction, and Senior Seminar.
This page has been formatted for printing.
Defiance College | Defy the Ordinary
701 N. Clinton St.
Defiance, OH 43512
© 2007-2012 Defiance College. All Rights Reserved.